The local elections were held in Thuringia on Sunday, May 26, 2019. In addition to the city council members, the district mayors of the fourteen districts were newly elected in Bad Langensalza on this day. At the same time, the district council was chosen for the Unstrut-Hainich district, the Unstrut-Hainich district district office with its local authority responsible for its implementation.
The city of Bad Langensalza was responsible for the independent preparation and implementation of the election of the city council and the district mayor. The electoral area for the local elections is the city of Bad Langensalza with its fourteen districts
Aschara, Eckardtsleben, Großwelsbach, Grumbach, Henningsleben, Illeben, Klettstedt, Merxleben, Nägelstedt, Thamsbrück, Ufhoven, Waldstedt, Wiegleben, rooms.
In the newly formed district of Ufhoven, a district mayor was elected for the first time.
Retrospective information of the published content before the election:
The election of the city council and the district mayor takes place according to the provisions of the Thuringian Local Election Act (ThürKWG) and the Thuringian Local Election Code (ThürKWO).
People who are citizens of another Member State of the European Union are entitled to vote and are eligible to vote in the local elections under the same conditions as Germans. In principle, anyone who has reached the age of 16 is entitled to vote (Section 1 (1) ThürKWG).
The Thuringian state government set the election day for the members of the city council on May 26, 2019. The legislative period extends over a period of five years and begins on the first day of the month following the election day. According to the population of the city of Bad Langensalza, 24 city council members are elected according to the principles of proportional representation. Each voter has three votes.
The district mayors are honorary officials of the city in their respective districts and are elected in accordance with the provisions of the Thuringian Local Election Act (ThürKWG) for the duration of the statutory term of office of the city council. In the election of the district mayor, each voter has one vote. The applicant is chosen directly (choice of person). If only one or no valid election nomination is admitted, the election will be carried out without being bound to nominations. Whoever has received more than half of the valid votes cast is elected. If no one receives this majority, a runoff vote will take place on the second Sunday after election day (June 9, 2019) among the two people who received the highest number of votes in the first election.
In the event of a tie, the lot decides who will be selected. In the runoff election, it is chosen who has received the highest number of votes from the valid votes cast. The district constitutes the electoral area.
Note: All status and function names apply to all genders.
There is also information about the upcoming elections on the Internet. A sample of the ballot paper for the election of the city council members of the city of Bad Langensalza can here be seen.
The current public announcements for the local elections 2019:
- Election notice local election 2019
- Public announcement of the population of the city of Bad Langensalza
- Public announcement - Call for proposals for the election of the city council of the city of Bad Langensalza
- Public announcement - Call for proposals for the election of mayors in the districts with the district constitution of the city of Bad Langensalza
- Notice on the right to inspect the electoral roll and to issue voting cards for local elections on May 26, 2019
- Public announcement of the approved election proposals for the election of the city council of the city of Bad Langensalza
- Public announcement of the approved election proposals for the election of the district mayors of the districts with the district constitution of the city of Bad Langensalza
- Meeting announcement of the election committee - local elections in the Free State of Thuringia on May 26, 2019
Detailed information for the parties, groups of voters and individual applicants of the city of Bad Langensalza can be found in the:
- Information for the parties, voter groups and individual applicants, citizens on the city council, district mayor and district council member election on May 26, 2019
Only the legal provisions and official notices apply.