The Augustinian hermitage was founded in 1280 by Günther von Salza. It existed until 1539 and was then dissolved. The tower of the former monastery church can be climbed in the museum tour. From there, an interesting view of the preserved monastery complex and the historic city center of Bad Langensalza opens up. The rooms on the ground floor of the east wing have been preserved from the former dormitory of the monastery. The municipal museum in Langensalza was opened on June 27, 1900 with an exhibition to commemorate the Battle of Langensalza in 1866 and has developed into a city museum with a wide range to this day
The Stadtmuseum Bad Langensalza is still closed due to renovations in the exhibition area.
|Group of 10 people or more||€ 3.00 per person|
|Combined ticket museums (for pharmacy and city museum, valid for 3 days)||6,00 €|
|Combined ticket museums reduced (for pharmacy and city museum, valid for 3 days)||4,00 €|
|Guided tour in public museum tours||€ 2.50 per person|
- For an accompanying person of a person with a disability, whose severely disabled ID shows the letter "B"
- For children and students,
- accompanying teachers and educators,
- Tour guide
- appointed tour guides of the city of Bad Langensalza,
- Rose Queen of the city of Bad Langensalza,
- Guests with ID cards from ICOM, the German Museum Association, de Museumsverband Thüringen eV,
- Persons with press ID,
- Holder of a valid ThuringiaCard,
- Holders of a valid combination ticket or combination ticket + for the gardens in Bad Langensalza
Guided tours for school classes and groups on weekdays are also possible outside the regular opening hours by appointment. Guided tours of the museum can only take place after prior reservation.
- Nearest parking lot: Jahnstraße
- Disabled access: via a ramp from Holzgasse
Augustinerplatz 1 - 2
99947 Bad Langensalza
Telephone: 03603 - 813002
Stadtmuseum (at) bad-langensalza.de