During the museum tour you can visit the accessible tower of the former monastery church, remains of the west wing, the square cloister with seven preserved tracery windows (around 1300) as well as the renewed east wing and a late Gothic chapel with ribbed vaults. The cloister and a second courtyard not only offer a wonderful ambience for annual outdoor events, but also sculptures and sculptures by artists from Bad Langensalza. The monastery was founded by Günther von Salza in 1280 and existed until secularization in 1539. On May 29, 1516, the Augustinian monk Dr. Martin Luther as district vicar the convent in Salza. The demolition of the retreat building began as early as the middle of the 16th century, only the church tower and the east wing remained. After the devastation of the great city fire in 1711, the east wing received its current appearance and the tower a baroque hood.
Those who are not afraid to climb the 120 steps to the tower will be rewarded with a wonderful view of the preserved monastery complex and the medieval town center of Bad Langensalza.