The baroque summer palace with the idyllic park and remarkable outbuildings not only offers rest and relaxation, but is also an impressive venue for concerts, weddings and other events.
The Friederikenschlösschen got its name after the Duchess Dowager Friederike von Sachsen-Weißenfels (1715-1775). She lived in Langensalza from 1746 until her death and had this castle built between 1749 and 1751 with the two neighboring cavalier houses as a summer residence. Friederike was a daughter of Duke Friedrich II of Saxony-Gotha-Altenburg (Ernestiner) and married to Duke Johann Adolph II of Saxony-Weißenfels (1685-1746). The colored alliance coat of arms in a cartouche above the entrance door into the Friederikenschlösschen shows the connection between these two ducal houses. Today’s Castle park was reconstructed on the basis of historical plans in its basic baroque structure from 1751. Since March 2008 it has been in the former carriage and stable house on the north side of the garden historical print shop the city of Bad Langensalza. In the back of the garden there is a historic garden pavilion from 1878. There, sulfur water gushes from a bronze basin, which has been used as healing water in the spa town of Bad Langensalza since 1812.
Start here with a tour of Bad Langensalzas zehn Parks und Themengärten. For example, visit the rose Garden, the Japanese garden, the Botanical Garden or that Arboretum. Maps and information on other gardens can be found in the Tourist information.
May - October, every Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.