Council scales

The council scales were built in 1536. The stone building was used as an urban scale and a bread house until the mid-17th century.

An officially appointed weigher monitored the weighing of bulk goods before they were put on the market. The baker's stalls were in the eastern part of the ground floor. Today the Ratswaage houses the city archive, some of the city's offices, and a restaurant on the ground floor.